- Global Health
- Health Evaluative Methodologies
- Behavioural Science
- Cardiovascular Science
Mike Rayner Recent Publications
- Williams J, Scarborough P, Matthews A, Cowburn G, Foster C, Rayner M, and Roberts N (2014) A systematic review of the influence of the retail food environment around schools on obesity-related outcomes Obesity Reviews, 15:359 - 374.
- Briggs AD, Kehlbacher A, Tiffin R, Garnett T, Rayner M, and Scarborough P (2013) Assessing the impact on chronic disease of incorporating the societal cost of greenhouse gases into the price of food: an econometric and comparative risk assessment modelling study. BMJ Open, 3(10).
- Briggs AD, Mytton OT, Kehlbacher A, Tiffin R, Rayner M, and Scarborough P (2013) Overall and income specific effect on prevalence of overweight and obesity of 20% sugar sweetened drink tax in UK: econometric and comparative risk assessment modelling study. BMJ, 347:f6189.
- Brinsden H, Lobstein T, Landon J, Kraak V, Sacks G, Swinburn B, Snowdon W, Kumanyika S, Vandevijvere S, Barquera S, Friel S, Hawkes C, Kelly B, L'Abbé M, Lee A, Ma J, Macmullen J, Mohan S, Monteiro C, Neal B, Rayner M, Sanders D, and Walker C (2013) Monitoring policy and actions on food environments: Rationale and outline of the INFORMAS policy engagement and communication strategies Obesity Reviews, 14:13-23.
- Friel S, Hattersley L, Snowdon W, Sacks G, Swinburn B, Thow A-M, Lobstein T, Sanders D, Barquera S, Mohan S, Hawkes C, Kelly B, Kumanyika S, L'Abbe M, Lee A, Ma J, Macmullan J, Monteiro C, Neal B, Rayner M, Vandevijvere S, and Walker C (2013) Monitoring the impacts of trade agreements on food environments Obesity Reviews, 14:120-134.
|Contact address||Rosemary Rue Building, Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LF|
|Department||Nuffield Department of Population Health|
Professor Mike Rayner is Director of the British Heart Foundation Centre on Population Approaches for NCD Prevention, which is based within the Nuffield Department of Population Health of the University of Oxford, and which he founded in 1993.
Mike's particular research interests are in food labelling, food marketing, food taxes and the relationship between a healthy diet and sustainable diet.
Mike is also Chair of Sustain, the alliance for better food and farming in the UK, and Chair of its Childrens' Food Campaign in the UK. He is a trustee of the UK Health Forum, Chair of the Nutrition Expert Group for the European Heart Network based in Brussels and a member of the Scientific Advisory Panel of the International Obesity Task Force. He is also an ordained priest in the Church of England.
Smolina K, Wright F, Rayner M, Goldacre M. The determinants of the decline in mortality from acute myocardial infarction in England between 1999 and 2007: a linked national database study. British Medical Journal 2012;344:d8059.
Scarborough P, Allender S, Clarke D, Wickramasinghe K, Rayner M. Modelling the health impact of environmentally sustainable dietary scenarios in the UK. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2012; doi:10.1038/ejcn.2012.34.